Crispy Peanut & Quinoa salad topped with Turmeric Cumin Plant Patties
There are more ways to eat a #vegan pattie than in a burger 😉 This recipe is a fun, fresh alternative to your classic pattie use. It’s super simple to make and ingredients can be subbed for whatever you have on hand (there’s nothing worse than going to make a recipe and not only missing one item!) No need for a supermarket trip, the salad can include any vegetables of your choosing.
I’ve been working with local NZ company Amino Mantra recently to develop some delicious plant based, gluten free recipes that everyone can enjoy this summer! This dish incorporates a wide range of fresh veg, all the colours of the rainbow… with a powerful flavour KICK (think zesty lime, crunchy patties & a spicy satay sauce).
The Fijian Turmeric & Cumin Plant Patties with Carrot and Pinto Beans used in this recipe can be found at New World, along with Amino Mantra’s three other plant pattie flavours. I know i’ve said this before, but this flavour might just be my new favourite.
Drizzle the crispy peanut & pattie salad with fresh lime juice and don’t forget to add some of my delicious satay dressing…
Crispy Peanut & Quinoa salad w. Turmeric Cumin Patties Recipe
2 x Fijian Turmeric & Cumin Plant Patties with Carrot and Pinto Beans
1/4 red cabbage
1 large carrot
Handful of coriander
1 yellow capsicum
1 cup quinoa
1/4 cup peanuts
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 Tbsp tahini
1 Tbsp olive oil
Juice of a lemon
1 tsp paprika
1 fresh chilli
- Preheat the oven to 200degrees. On a baking paper lined tray, bake patties for 20 minutes, flipping half way through.
- Place a pot on the stove with 1.5 cups of water to 1 cup quinoa, bring to a boil and then leave on low to cook until absorbed.
- While the quinoa is cooking, prepare the fresh vegetables. Shred red cabbage with a peeler, thinly slice carrot and grate cucumber. Chop a bunch of fresh coriander and thinly slice a yellow capsicum.
- Prepare the satay dressing by adding all ingredients to a high-powered blender and pulsing until well combined. For a thinner consistency, add a dash of water at a time. Pour into a ramekin and set aside in the fridge.
- Take a small fry pan and lightly toast 1/4 cup of peanuts with a dash of olive oil. Make sure to toss well, otherwise they will burn. Set aside for garnishing.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, place at the base of a large salad serving bowl. Top with all freshly chopped vegetables, mixing throughout.
- Take the patties out of the oven and cut into bite sized pieces. Toss onto the salad.
- Garnish with diced chilli and crispy peanuts. Grate fresh ginger on top for an extra flavour kick and a slice of lime.
Don’t forget to serve with the satay sauce to mix throughout!
Find Amino Mantra’s full range online, here and at selected New World stores. The outerof the pattie packaging is recyclable with the inner pattie sleeve made from compostable material.
Find me on Instagram @eden.vegan for more easy vegan recipes and lifestyle content xx