I’m back with another easy vegan recipe. I’ve recently teamed up with New Zealand brand Amino Mantra to create a delicious, summery plant based dish… You probably guessed it by the title, Vegan Poke Bowl with Smoky BBQ Patties!
Poke bowls are traditionally served with seafood, and various vegetables. The dish I’ve created today is my #vegan take on the Poke bowl. Served hot and cold, with freshly diced vegetables and iron rich brown rice. The taste highlight of the dish is the crispy smoky BBQ patties by Amino Mantra served next to the cool fresh cucumber.
Amino Mantra specialise in all natural, organic, hand crafted products. With a varied range of patties including Smokey BBQ (used in this recipe) as well as Caramelised Garlic & Chives, Fiji Turmeric & Cumin and Black Truffle & Thyme. The entire range is vegan and gluten free so is yours for the choosing.
Scroll down for the quick & easy to follow recipe!
This colourful dish is packed with rich BBQ patties and crispy red radish. Gluten free and vegan friendly. Ideal for a meal prep or to make as a fresh summer dinner. Easy to prepare in 20-30 minutes, you can mix the poke bowl up with seasonal vegetables.
Vegan Poke Bowl with Smoky BBQ Patties Recipe
VG, GF, Serves 2.
1 cup brown rice
2 x Amino Mantra BBQ patties
3 small radishes
Handful of cherry tomatoes
Cracked black pepper
1 tsp Sesame seeds
1 tsp Chilli flakes
¼ cup tamari
1 tsp crushed ginger
Juice of a lemon
1 tsp sesame oil
- Preheat the over to 180 degrees celsius.
- Add water and rice to a pot and bring the water to a boil then reduce the heat. Simmer until the rice is tender and has absorbed the water. Make sure to leave the lid on.
- Heat a pan on the stove with a dash of olive oil. Once hot, fry two BBQ patties. Two minutes on each side and repeat until lightly cooked then place the patties on a baking paper lined tray and pop into the oven to bake until golden.
- Thinly slice the cucumber, red radish and cut cherry tomatoes in half. Sprinkle the tomato’s with a pinch of salt.
- Prepare poke sauce by whisking all ingredients in a small ramekin. Garnish with sesame seeds and chilli flakes.
- Once the BBQ patties begin to crisp up, take them out of the oven and cut into bite size chunks before popping back on the same tray for roughly 4 minutes to finish off.
- Once the rice has been cooked, plate it on the top ¼ of each dish. Slice the avocado in half and top with sesame seeds and chilli flakes.
- Plate the avocado and salad greens by laying on the remaining portion of the plate. Next top with BBQ pattie bites and the pre sliced vegetables.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and sliced red chilli. Serve the sauce on the side.
- You can use any flavour patties for this dish and mix up the sauce to suit. If you’re using the Fiji Turmeric & Cumin patties, try a satay sauce!
- Make sure to cut the patties once cooked as this will make for easier bite sized pieces.
- This is a great dish to make as meal prep, pack the sauce separately and you’re good to go.
- Feel free to use any vegetables you have on hand. Edamame beans, sauerkraut, carrot, spring onion would all be flavourful additions.
Find Amino Mantra’s full range online, here and at selected New World stores.
Find me on Instagram @eden.vegan for more easy vegan recipes. Make sure to tag @aminomantra and @eden.vegan if you make this dish!