I’m back with another recipe thanks to my friends at Sujon Berries! I was so happy to see how many of you loved the look of last weeks blueberry banana cake and today’s recipe is also made with frozen blueberries, but is just a little bit more suitable for breakfast.
There are three elements to this layered jar. A blueberry chia jam, which works well as a sweet topping and can also be used for porridge/on toast! A coconut chia pudding, equally delicious by it’s self and blueberry banana ‘nice’ cream.
So the choice is yours! Have them layered all together or use this recipe as three separate dishes – either way it’s delicious!
BLUEBERRY LAYERED CHIA POT RECIPE
BLUEBERRY CHIA JAM
2 cups berry
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp chia seeds
Juice of one lemon
1 cup coconut milk
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla protein
4 tbsp chia seeds
BERRY NICE CREAM
2 frozen bananas
1 cup blueberries
- Prepare the blueberry chia jam by boiling 2 cups of frozen berries, water and maple syrup in a medium pot. Add the juice of a lemon.
- Once brought to a boil, reduce to a low heat and stir through chia seeds. Leave to thicken while preparing chia pudding.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir coconut milk, cinnamon, chia seeds. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Place frozen banana and blueberries in a high powered blender. Pulse until combined. It should remain thick if you add no liquid, and scoop like ice cream.
- Layer the jars with nice cream, chia pudding and blueberry jam. Sprinkle coconut flakes on top and serve!
Thank you to the team at Sujon berries for sponsoring this recipe, you can find their products in freezers at New World, Pak n Save and Moore Wilsons. Their blueberries are sourced from British Colombia #bcblueberries