If you’re craving a sweet treat, or have a bunch of brown spotty bananas on hand – this recipe is for you!
These are my go to vegan muffins, with a moorish fudgey twist. I’ve used a jar of Coconut Chocolate Fudge Sauce, but you could swap it out for any of Nature’s Charm’s dessert sauces. Coconut Salted Caramel, Butterscotch or even Matcha would be tasty!
VEGAN BANANA FUDGE MUFFINS
Serves 6-8 depending on the size of your tin!
3 medium sized ripe bananas
1/4 cup of coconut oil
1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup oat milk
2 cups flour (can be wholemeal, white or GF! I have used plain white flour)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup of coconut chocolate fudge sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius and cut baking paper to go inside each muffin tin.
2. In a large bowl roughly mash the bananas. Leave some chunks as you don’t want it too pureed.
3. Add oil, vanilla essence, brown sugar and oat milk, making sure to mix well.
4. Sift in the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Use a wooden spoon to fold together well.
5. Add in 1 Tbsp of nature’s charm choc fudge sauce.
6. Transfer the batter into your muffin tin, two tablespoons at a time.
7. Scoop 1 teaspoon of chocolate fudge sauce on top of each muffin. Swirl around the batter for the topping.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes depending on the size of the muffin tins. Make sure to test by sticking a toothpick in – it should come out clean.
Serve with a hot tea on a wintery day or share with friends on a picnic in the park.
I’d love to hear what you thought if you made this recipe as well as what natures charm coconut sauce you added!
Find more of my delicious plant based recipes & vegan lifestyle on Instagram @Eden.Vegan