After many years of being a big banoffee pie fan, I am excited to share this recipe with you. It combines some of my favourite ingredients, bananas, dates and coconut – but with a salted caramel twist. It’s a simple, no bake recipe, all you need is a blender and freezer.
This salted caramel banoffee is ideal to share with family and friends at a pot-luck dinner. I made this recently when re uniting with my family after the COVID-19 lockdown in New Zealand and it was an absolute hit!
If you’re keen to savour this sweet treat, pop it in the freezer. It will last a good few weeks (that is, if you don’t eat it before then!). I’ve teamed up with Natures Charm to showcase some of their delicious vegan products available. If you’re Wellington based like me you can head along to Moore Wilsons or V1 Vegan to pick them up. Check out their salted caramel sauce, coconut condensed milk and vegan whipped cream in the recipe below!
VEGAN SALTED CARAMEL BANOFFEE PIE
A no bake recipe!
1 cup rolled oats
2 cups dates (soaked)
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup walnuts
3 Tbsp peanut butter
Pinch of salt
1 can Nature’s Charm Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 Tbsp Nature’s Charm Coconut Salted Caramel Sauce
Juice of a lemon
2 small ripe bananas
1 can of Nature’s Charm Coconut Whipping Cream
1/4 cup walnuts
4 squares vegan chocolate
- Soak dates in boiling water for 30 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- Place all crust ingredients in a high powered blender and blitz until well combined.
- Grease a pie/flan tray with coconut oil.
- Pack the base into a tray, patting down firmly with the back of a spoon making sure to push into the edges of your tray. Pop into the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the pie filling mix by blending all ‘filling’ ingredients. Pour into the base and place back into the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Thinly slice the banana and layer on top of the pie. Whip a can of Nature’s Charm Coconut Cream and dollop on the sliced bananas. Drizzle salted caramel sauce on top and sprinkle with grated chocolate and walnuts.
- Keep this pie in the freezer and take out 10 minutes before you are ready to serve. The vegan condensed milk won’t fully freeze so it will always be gooey goodness!
I’d love to see how you enjoyed this dish, if you customize it or made it in mini flan tins, the options are endless!
Make sure to tag me @eden.vegan on instagram.